Old 12-09-2007, 02:44 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
David \(Normandy\) David \(Normandy\) is offline

Default Asparagus berries

Yeah, and those of us who want to know more than empty promises get really
frustrated because there's not a spec in sight. It's a sad state when you
have to resort to review sites and other users to find out factual info
that the seller should have told you.
--
Kay

Further to my other reply, I do agree there is a general lack of
availability of detailed specs for lots of things.
Recently I've been trying (without success) to buy a new, high spec, Vista
notebook computer that I can also install Linux Ubuntu on. It would be
really nice to source one knowing that the hardware drivers for Linux
existed for it, instead of hunting around after purchase and not getting all
the important ones.

I usually buy HP hardware and tried a pre-sales enquiry to HP asking if they
could recommend any of their hardware that fitted the bill, but they
eventually sent me a very short email saying in effect "no - we can't be
bothered". It has cost them an immediate sale and the loss of a long term
customer.

David.