Old 12-09-2007, 06:15 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden,rec.gardens
Scott Hildenbrand Scott Hildenbrand is offline

Default Evergreen (or like) Vines, Zone 6, Suggestions?

I'm looking for suggestions on vines to use to cover a chain link fence
section that is attached to a house.

I'd like the vine to be evergreen, or at least evergreen like staying
green or keeping its foliage for the bulk of the year.

Since it's attached to the house I'd like to make sure the vine is not
heavily invasive. I'll also be planting them into large, oversized pots
in order to allow for moving and to ensure they do not spread.

So anyone have any suggestions? I'm even open to none vines if it will
grow well in the area and be easy to keep under control.

Fence will be 4' high and be 20' x 30' x 20' roughly, just in case
you're wondering about how much area there will be.. Though, not all
needs covered. Most likely just the 30' run as the front 20' will be
masked by other methods.

Thanks for any advice,
Scott--