Old 12-09-2007, 05:13 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
K K is offline

Default Asparagus berries

"David (Normandy)" writes

"K" wrote in message

Yeah, and those of us who want to know more than empty promises get really
frustrated because there's not a spec in sight. It's a sad state when you
have to resort to review sites and other users to find out factual info
that the seller should have told you.

Sorry, I don't think I was clear.

I wasn't targeting you, your post was just a convenient hook for a
general rant ;-)

While the detail should be given if necessary or required, the above would
just confuse the hell out of the lady. If I was the customer my requirements
would be entirely different and a detailed technical discussion would be
appropriate.

But that's what you don't get from most web sites.

With software (or anything else) it makes sense for the opening page (or
sales pitch) to say in a very short summary what it is for and what benefits
people would get from buying it. There can be links (or discussion) to
deeper and deeper levels of technical details.

Too often, there are not.

The person viewing the site
(or talking to a salesman) chooses the level of information that is relevant
to them.

That's the ideal. But too many websites don't allow you that choice. I
suppose that it's to try to turn you from someone browsing a website and
rejecting a product on the basis of the spec to someone who is in direct
contact with a salesman who can then try to reel you in.

--
Kay