Old 12-09-2007, 06:49 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
David \(Normandy\) David \(Normandy\) is offline

Default stealing from Garden Centres

LOL!! No. You're ok - it's me. This is my 3rd week having quit smoking
and I'm not doing too well. I'm trying to carry on

I quit over ten years ago at the same time as the Mrs. Not had a smoke since
and certainly no desire to do so.
I'd given up several times for varying durations prior to the successful
giving up. The key to success seemed to be one of mental attitude. The first
few failed times there was an attitude of "I'm trying to give up smoking" -
which just seems to cause internal strife. The successful attitude was "I
don't smoke". and "I'm a none smoker". If you take that attitude you've
already won. Never torment yourself saying "I'd love a smoke" - if you do
it's be thin end of the giving up wedge. Just move on. It gets easier.
Eventually you'll regard cigarettes as objects of contempt.

David.