Old 13-09-2007, 03:07 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Art Art is offline

Default Yard-Man Belt for self-propelled mower

valvejob wrote:
On Sun, 02 Sep 2007 18:34:56 -0500, valvejob wrote:

My belt broke on my new Yardman self propelled mower after 3 hours of
service.

===========
yardman BELT:V TYP:3L X 31.25 POLY
3L = 9.5 mm
31.25 Outside measurement.
v belt

BELT:V TYP:3L X 31.25 POLY $8.94 In-Stock UPS / FedEx $8.94 Remove
754-04101
================

Where do I get a new belt and why did it break?

Order it online and installed and all it well.

Ok, not really that well. I'm concerned as to why the new one broke

Describe the break. Is it clean almost like it was cut, very jagged with
varying length "strings" hanging out of the ends, or what? Is is hard
and crispy where it broke or flexible like the rest of the belt?

and also this mower has a lot of vibration. Engaging the transmission
also is not smooth.

Vibration before or after the transmission is engaged?

And I can see I'm going to need new wheels every year on the front .
I think rear wheel drive would be better.

--
Art