Old 12-09-2007, 09:33 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening,demon.local
Alan Holmes[_2_] Alan Holmes[_2_] is offline

Default This needs to be said!

"@@^" wrote in message
On Wed, 12 Sep 2007 15:47:06 +0200, Martin wrote:

On Wed, 12 Sep 2007 06:52:10 GMT, "John Vanini"
wrote:

"Bob Hobden" wrote in message

"John Vanini" wrote
Hi Sacha,

I'm sorry, Sacha, but how is it I am cross-posting (I'm not even sure
what that means!)? I choose the post that I've received and want to
reply
to, add my comments and click on "Reply Group".

What am I doing wrong? If you can tell me, I'll be pleased to stop! I
said I was new to newsgroups and I was serious! I honestly have no
idea
what you mean.

Actually, I think I see. I've just had a look at the newsgroups that
this
Pies belongs to and, I suppose, when I click on "Reply Group" a copy
goes
to all of those groups, which is, obviously, not what I want. I also
suppose I should select from that list the one I want to post to
before I
send it. Yes, that would make sense but let me know if I'm right,
Sacha.!

Sorry. if that's the problem, and if I've upset anyone, I honestly
didn't
know I was doing it.

New to Usenet, then you need these links...

http://home.freeuk.com/sc.i/mindmanners.htm some amusing netiquette.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Netiquette some less amusing rather dry
stuff.
http://foldoc.org/?netiquette short and sweet.

If you read those and post by them you will do better than a lot.

And this will certainly come in handy...
http://www.astro.umd.edu/~marshall/abbrev.html to help you to
understand
the abbreviations iykwim.

--
Regards
Bob Hobden

Thanks Bob!

There's another very useful link here -
http://www.usenet.org.uk/

Particularly this part
http://www.usenet.org.uk/usenet-info...html#Net-Abuse

I see the Sachas of this world are mentioned in their full glory. It
still looks like you need to get out more.

I think you qualify for a:-

*PLONK*