Old 13-09-2007, 03:56 AM posted to rec.gardens
Father Haskell Father Haskell is offline

Default Best Indoor Garden Options?

On Sep 11, 10:44 pm, wrote:
Hello,

I'm interested in eating healthy and on the "cheap" as well, so I
thought that I would try to grow my own lettuce and herbs indoors.
This is where my knowledge on this subject ends. I see something
called the Aerogarden, but is it any good? I do have a bit of a
handyman's side, so I could build my own hydroponic or regular indoor
garden...but I'm not sure how to proceed. Are there any good books or
kits for this purpose? Does anyone have any experience on this
subject and can offer me some "Be sure to do this" or "Make sure you
stay away from that" advice?

Cheap 48" shoplight fixture. Cheap cool white fluorescents. Choose
a lettuce variety that can best use a thin plane-shaped light field,
such
as a leaf type. Harvest early and often to keep the lettuce small.
To keep life simple, forget aero (or hydro) and grow in soil.