Old 13-09-2007, 05:47 AM posted to rec.gardens
Myrl Jeffcoat Myrl Jeffcoat is offline

Default Lawn Pest Problem

On Sep 12, 9:05 pm, "JoeSpareBedroom" wrote:
Charlie wrote in message

On Thu, 13 Sep 2007 03:41:38 -0000, Myrl Jeffcoat
wrote:

Interestingly, I had an uncle back in Kansas, who had a vacant lot
next to his home, which once had housed a bait shop. The bait shop
was long gone, but apparently the earth worms remained. And yes, he
had a sign nailed to the tree, that he sold worms;-)

You're a long way from home,Dorothy.......too bad. ;-) Midwest is good
livin'.

The real estate business has slowed significantly, which for me, has
been ok, since I welcome the slowdown, and available time to spend out
in the garden. But, I worry about a lot of folks who are hurting out
there, because of some of the mortgage predicaments they are in.

It's only to be worse, much worse, as I am sure you realize. Hurting
is not an adequate descriptor for what many are, and will experience as
a result of the predatory lending practices that *were* rampant.
People are hurting, hurting badly, as a result of greed. And belief in
the "American Dream".

I tend to agree with you about the poisoning of critters. It's not
generally my thing. . .But if you could see what these varmints are
doing to my lawn, you wouldn't believe it. It looks like a mine field
- after the mines blew up!

Honestly, I couldn't care less what your, or anyone's, lawns look like.
Manicured lawns are outdated; a relic from times long gone and
reminiscent of fuedal times, and an environmental disaster.

Long live the worms.

Charlie

The lawn nonsense is here courtesy of the British. Too bad our ancestors
didn't kick the lawn habit at the same time they kicked out the Redcoats.- Hide quoted text -

You know something Joe - I had those very same thoughts a few days
ago! I thought, this lawn thing is a real pain. If I didn't have a
lawn, I wouldn't need a lawn guy, and I could do something else with
the area!. . .I don't know what - but something! However, I'm not
quite ready for that artificial turf stuff.