Old 13-09-2007, 01:28 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default Lettuce or Crop to Grow in Raleigh ALL YEAR ROUND

"Jim Kingdon" wrote in message
news
I'm interested in learning if there is a version of lettuce or
"similar" vegetable that I can grow on my patio garden all year round
and not have to worry about the cold. I live in the Raleigh, NC
area. What handles the weather the best hear?

Kale or spinach are some of the most cold-tolerant.

Collard greens laugh at cold weather, too. They'll reach a point where
they'll stop growing and just sit there, but they won't die until the temps
reach the point of insanity.