Old 13-09-2007, 01:59 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default Lawn Pest Problem

"Myrl Jeffcoat" wrote in message
ups.com...
I think when I purchased my home over two decades ago, I made a large
mistake. I had decided to condition the soil by adding worms. But,
the kind of worms I purchased, were very large Earth Worms. As I sit
here today, those worms, have mulitplied beyond belief. They build
little "dome" like earth mounds throughout my lawn area, and make
walking across the lawn, feel like navigating across a waffle iron.

To add insult to injury, the worms, seem to have attracted a small
polulation of Moles. So, I have treated the lawn 3 times in the last
6 weeks with Ortho Lawn and Pest, trying to get rid of the Earth
Worms, and thus eliminate the food source for the Moles.

Somehow, I think I have this wrong. . .Because the Lawn and Pest
treatment, only seems to be a slight remedy to the problem of getting
rid of the problem. . .I still have tons of worms.

Any ideas?

Myrl Jeffcoat
http://www.myrljeffcoat.com

Side trip:
Here's a news story about how chemicals move underground and affect other
people. Although this might be considered an extreme example because of the
concentrations involved, it's really not. The EPA now considers homeowners
and golf courses to be the worst offenders, in terms of contaminating
groundwater with all sorts of chemicals. It used to be industry.

http://www.democratandchronicle.com/...0377/1002/NEWS