Old 13-09-2007, 02:25 PM posted to rec.gardens
Myrl Myrl is offline

Default Lawn Pest Problem

On Sep 13, 5:59 am, "JoeSpareBedroom" wrote:

Side trip:
Here's a news story about how chemicals move underground and affect other
people. Although this might be considered an extreme example because of the
concentrations involved, it's really not. The EPA now considers homeowners
and golf courses to be the worst offenders, in terms of contaminating
groundwater with all sorts of chemicals. It used to be industry.

http://www.democratandchronicle.com/...ID=/200707...-

That's quite frightening. I had been taking comfort in the idea, that
the chemicals I was using on the lawn, would dissipate, after several
days.

I think I recall reading once that Roundup only lasted in the
environment 10 days or so.

I think I need to move to a desert, and just grow a few
cactus;-). . .I've been a menace to mankind!