Old 03-04-2003, 10:44 AM
GeoThermal

Default Weed identification

Hi
I am trying to identify a "weed" that grows in my garden.

It grows in clumps, up to about 8cm in height and gradually spreads
outwards. Leaves are kind of heart shaped when mature, about 2cm x 3cm and
a little bit like colt's foot leaves but with a smooth edge. It has a
yellow flower a not unlike ragwort but the petals have a rounded tip.
Imagine a buttercup flower but with twice as many long slender petals and a
bit bigger. It has an unusual root system which will probably help identify
it, most notable for clumps of little off white balls. There are dozens of
the things.

Anyway I'd like to know what it is and whether or not it needs removing.

Thanks