Old 13-09-2007, 01:29 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Jim Jim is offline

Default Grub alert

Eggs Zachtly wrote:

Steveo said:
xPosTech wrote:
Steveo wrote:
Now is the time to be aware of white grub infestation/damage. The
forecast is for a strong grub cycle here in Ohio.
We have protection from grubs down here in Texas, in the form of
armadillos. They're about the size of your average possum 'cept they
have a hard shell (hence the familiar dish "possum on the half shell")
and small bony head. Long claws for digging and a long long tongue.

You can tell when they've been out the night before protecting your lawn
by all the &^%#$** holes they dig lookin' for the grubs. That tongue is
about ten inches long. Pointy and sticky at the end like its got pine
tar on it. Gets the grubs like anteaters get ,well, you know. Ants.

We are blessed with raccoons and skunks for our digging pleasure here. They
make a terrible mess out of things too.

Yup, same here.

When I find grubs at work, I toss them on the cart path. Within seconds,
every time, a mockingbird will swoop down and grab the grub. It's nice
watching the grub meet it's demise, and I swear the mockingbird whistled
"thanks". =D

nature at work with a bit of assistance. good job.