Old 13-09-2007, 01:52 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Mark[_6_] Mark[_6_] is offline

Default stealing from Garden Centres

wrote in message
oups.com...
On 12 Sep, 18:49, "David \(Normandy\)"
wrote:
I quit over ten years ago at the same time as the Mrs. Not had a smoke
since
and certainly no desire to do so.
I'd given up several times for varying durations prior to the successful
giving up. The key to success seemed to be one of mental attitude. The
first
few failed times there was an attitude of "I'm trying to give up
smoking" -
which just seems to cause internal strife. The successful attitude was "I
don't smoke". and "I'm a none smoker". If you take that attitude you've
already won. Never torment yourself saying "I'd love a smoke" - if you do
it's be thin end of the giving up wedge. Just move on. It gets easier.
Eventually you'll regard cigarettes as objects of contempt.

David thank you very much. I don't know what to say - especially on
this forum, if you know what I mean. I'll get there, especially with
nice advice like you've just given me. Thank you again ))

We can't have too many smokers giving up. Otherwise something else will get
clobbered for tax.

mark