Old 13-09-2007, 05:33 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
[email protected] judith.lea@googlemail.com is offline

Default stealing from Garden Centres

On Sep 13, 4:51 pm, Anne Jackson wrote:
The message from "graham" contains these words: "Martin" wrote in message
The concept of somebody, who is terrified of "chemicals" in food,
smoking overwhelms me.

During an argument about fluoridation of the water supply, a heavy
smoker said to me: "I'm against it (puff). There are all those studies
(puff) that show (puff) that fluoride causes cancer (puff)."

You know the funniest thing about life? Nobody, but NOBODY gets out
of it alive!

Another thing - smoking is a matter of choice, fluoridation of the
water supply _isn't_! I think I should be left to choose the mode
of my demise...? YMMV.

As a non-smoker, I respect the right of smokers to smoke, they take
the decision to do so and the responsibility. If a smoker came to my
house, they would be welcome and I know they would be considerate of
me, so when are you coming AnneJ?

What I don't understand is the lobby that goes on about anti-chemicals
because of risk to health, if a smoker stands on the soap box
expounding the healthy way forward for eating veggies without
chemicals, what does that say about them, do they know the number of
carcinogenic chemicals they are putting into their body? I do, they
can puff away to their hearts content but don't lecture me on the use
of chemicals as I don't lecture them on self-induced absorption of
chemicals from smoking.

Judith