Old 03-04-2003, 11:56 AM
jane

Default Weed identification

On Thu, 3 Apr 2003 11:12:59 +0100, "GeoThermal"
wrote:

~"jane" wrote in message
~ On Thu, 03 Apr 2003 10:31:33 +0100, Philippe Gautier
~ wrote:
~
~ ~Hi
~ ~
~ ~It's probably Lesser Celandine (Ranunculus Ficaria). see
~ ~
~ ~http://www.nps.gov/plants/alien/fact/rafi1.htm
~ ~
~ ~I know it can be pretty invasive, but personaly, I love them...
~ ~
~ ~Philippe
~
~ I agree from the description. They are definitely celandines. I would
~ love to get rid of all the ones lurking in my garden! Pretty in the
~ right places (verges, water meadows etc), but a pain in a flowerbed.
~ Unfortunately you only need knock off one tuber and the darn thing
~ comes back so they spread like crazy. I admit to using brush-on
~ glyphosate (Tumbleweed) on them these days (so I don't accidentally
~ kill anything else). I'm winning, gradually.
~
~I think I inadvertently made it worse by spreading a few of the little
~tubers. Am going to find a spot where it can grow happily without invading
~the beds.
~
~ I keep meaning to get a weed identification webpage up and running.
~ I've certainly had a few odd ones...
~
~That would be very handy!
~

Actually I don't need to. I just found

http://theseedsite.co.uk/weeds.html

which is brilliant! Highly recommended.

--
jane

Mark Twain

Please remove nospam from replies, thanks!