Old 13-09-2007, 09:22 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
George[_6_] George[_6_] is offline

Default Pondmaster Pump part #2

"Reel McKoi" wrote in message

"George" wrote in message
.. .

While he is in Nashville, he should take the pump with him and go to a
plumbing supply house. Someone there should be able to fix him up with
an acceptable hose.

=========================
That's where we're heading this morning. We don't need a hose, what we
need are some kind of adapters/reducers between the pump's 1 1/2" outlet
and the 1" hose we already have without putting back pressure on the new
pump.
--

RM....
Frugal ponding since 1995.

I'm sure a plumbing supply will have what you need, but keep in mind that
anytime you reduce the diameter on the output side of your pump, you are
going to induce back pressure. How much depends on how much you reduce the
output diameter. Going from 1 1/2 inches to 1 inch reduces the output
diameter by about 33 percent, increases the velocity of the water flow on
the output side within the 1 inch section of hose while decreasing the
volume of waterflow, which increases friction and pressure on the output
hose, and thereby increases the back pressure on the pump. I'm not sure
how much the back pressure will increase, but you could contact pondmaster
and ask them how much back pressure to expect and if it will decrease the
operating life of your pump, and, more importantly, if doing so will void
the warranty. My guess is that it will decrease the operating life of the
pump, but I'm not sure by how much.

George