Old 14-09-2007, 02:41 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
xPosTech[_2_] xPosTech[_2_] is offline

Default Humberto

Woke up this mornin' with an awful racket like two kids under the bed
fightin' with aluminum swords. Beam had busted on the carport and was
bangin' against the thin aluminum roofing panels. Tried patchin' it
together after Rita. Gonna hafta replace the whole carport.

Front yard covered with pine limbs all over 10". I've been thinkin'
'bout taking down the three pines in the front but just can't bring
myself to do it.

Got out the chipper, loppers, rakes etc. Up at 5:30 this mornin' and
put up the chipper about 7:00pm. (I'm old and crippled and have to take
a lotta coffee breaks. It takes me all night long to do what I used to
do all night long.) Have a pile of big stuff for the debris truck and a
big pile of pine mulch.

Kinda tore up the hibiscus and roses, but nothin' that won't grow back.
Only a cat 1 hurricane. Rearranged some outdoor furniture. About 10
or 12 big palm fronds down in the back yard. Nothin' like Rita, which
put 56 fronds on the ground. Rita was bad. Real bad.

South East Texas. Nederland. Bum and Wade Phillips. Tex and John
Ritter. Kevin Everett (close by in Port Arthur)(he might miss the
wheelchair).

Y'all take care. God bless.
--
Ted
I wasn't born in Texas but

A metal's temper doesn't mean it is angry.