Old 14-09-2007, 02:23 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Reel McKoi[_13_] Reel McKoi[_13_] is offline

Default Pondmaster Pump part #2

"Hal" wrote in message
news
On Wed, 12 Sep 2007 17:24:54 CST, "Reel McKoi"
wrote:

We'll have to get white or clear hose that quickly clogs with algae.
Maybe
I can spray paint it black with that new spray paint for plastics since
that
part will be above water.

I use a few inches of clear tube 1 1/2" to hook up a UV clarifier,
simply so I won't have to walk up close and look for the blue light to
see if it is working. Algae covers the inside, but never had a
problem with it plugging and still see the blue light very easily at
night.

For general plumbing, my pump came with a threaded nipple on one end
and barbed tube fitting on the other. I removed the barbed tube
fitting and used pipe fittings and pipe to route the water.

I'm sorry about your negative experience with the pump hook up and
I'll try to remember to check for the pump fittings next time I buy a
pump.
--
Hal Middle Georgia, Zone 8
http://tinyurl.com/2fxzcb

=======================================
I should have paid closer attention. It's my own fault. But today (see
posts above) we got it figured out as to where there shouldn't be any back
pressure on the pump. After the hose leaves the pump, using a 1 1/2" hose,
it goes to a 1 1/2" T and both arms of the T have reducers to 1". One 1"
reducer feeds the filters and the other reducer feeds 1" bleeder as it
spritzes water over the surface. So there should be less friction instead
of more as there would be with one reducer. I knew better than to try and
reduce it at the pump outlet to fit one 1' hose. It looks horrible with the
T, then the 1" hoses off the T, then two reducers, then the hose to the pump
and the one to the bleed with the flow control......... but most is hidden
underwater.

We bought black flexible kinkless hose once we had the two reducers and T
that fit. :-)

Had I chose a pump with a 1" outlet would would have saved close to $50.
--
RM....
Frugal ponding since 1995.