Old 14-09-2007, 04:57 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Jim Jim is offline

Default Humberto

xPosTech wrote:

Woke up this mornin' with an awful racket like two kids under the bed
fightin' with aluminum swords. Beam had busted on the carport and was
bangin' against the thin aluminum roofing panels. Tried patchin' it
together after Rita. Gonna hafta replace the whole carport.

up here in NC we're in the middle of the worse drought in my
lifetime and according to the record keeping the worst on
record here since 1933.

http://www.wral.com/weather/
I've been tracking the remains of Humberto and hope this
Farm gets some rain from what's left of the storm. the
soybean crop is just about toast. I do believe it is
only by the grace of God Himself there is anything left
of the 2007 bean crop. if it rains here tomorrow it'd
be just like God to be right on time with exactly what
I need.

Front yard covered with pine limbs all over 10".

we got hit by a strange wind shear here about three
weeks ago and with over 25 acres of forest land I'm
still collecting the remains of hardwoods that were
converted into firewood.

I've been thinkin'
'bout taking down the three pines in the front but just can't bring
myself to do it.

I do tree removal as a side to my landscaping.

Got out the chipper, loppers, rakes etc. Up at 5:30 this mornin' and
put up the chipper about 7:00pm. (I'm old and crippled and have to take
a lotta coffee breaks.

after realizing how limbs over 4.5" are really firewood I
purchased a DR chipper. here are some pictures of the DR
I put on my webpage.
http://personalpages.bellsouth.net/t...anter/drc.html

It takes me all night long to do what I used to
do all night long.) Have a pile of big stuff for the debris truck and a
big pile of pine mulch.

I been using the DR to chip wild cherry. makes a beautiful
flower bed mulch and customers love it.

[....]

Y'all take care. God bless.
--
Ted
I wasn't born in Texas but

A metal's temper doesn't mean it is angry.

that's right and when sharpening blades one needs to take
care the take the temper out of the metal.
http://personalpages.bellsouth.net/t...-workshop.html

God bless U2 Ted,
Jim