Old 14-09-2007, 11:22 AM
Bosseye Bosseye is offline
Registered User

Question Sowing a new lawn in UK - concern = LEAVES?

All,
Have just perfected 2000 sq m of soil ready for sowing quality lawn seed. My concern is exactly when to sow, as there are still leaves on the trees, and if was to sow now in perfect conditions, when the leaves fall I'm worries they might stifle the new lawn, esp. as I'd not be able to rake them away. Do I wait until all the leaves have fallen, after which sowing time might not be best?
br/Bosseye

(BTW - these leaves come from surrounding trees - blown by the wind).