Old 14-09-2007, 04:58 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Clark[_2_] Clark[_2_] is offline

Default Grub alert

xPosTech wrote:
On 9/13/2007 5:31 AM, Eggs Zachtly wrote:
snip

When I find grubs at work, I toss them on the cart path. Within
seconds, every time, a mockingbird will swoop down and grab the
grub. It's nice watching the grub meet it's demise, and I swear the
mockingbird whistled "thanks". =D

What do you do when you find grubs at home?

Down here a grackle usually beats out the mockingbird. When I cut the
grass they follow behind the mower or stay just ahead and to the
right, scarfing up the grasshoppers trying to flee the mower. A real
prehistoric lookin' thing; the tail of the males longer than the body.
The whole bird is way longer than a 10" pine stick.

The 10" pine stick of DOOM would kill your puny birds!!

Clark