Old 14-09-2007, 01:40 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Gill Passman Gill Passman is offline

Default Story of the pond construction with links to pics

Phyllis and Jim wrote:
Duly impressive! Thanks for the pics. You have done a LOT of work.

Thanks....my back thinks that as well :-)

Is that an hyacinth we see with the lily?

I think so....I threw three of them in. Not sure if they will survive
the winter. I guess I'll have to bring them in if we have any cold snaps
forecast.

Fish???

Not yet. Although extremely tempting I think it would be better for the
fish if I wait until the spring. Mainly because of not putting them
through the stress of being introduced to a new pond (and possible
cycling) and then expecting them to survive the winter. The pond is too
small for Koi so I'm going with Shubunkins - they have some very pretty
ones on sale around here.

Jim and Phyllis

Gill