Old 14-09-2007, 05:09 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Manelli Family[_3_] Manelli Family[_3_] is offline

Default Reality Check on an Orchid Light Solution?....

wrote in message
ups.com...

HI folks - Thanks so much for the information. Per your advice, I've
divorced my wife. However, this hasn't yet helped my orchids. The
actual problem is that our house is Old and the kitchen windows offer
the only strong source of natural light. This is why they have to
stay on the counter. I'm also interested to hear you all say that
enhanced fluorescent grow lights are no better than the regular
tubes. That should save some $$s.
Regards-
js

I had friends with the same dilemma. The spent about $1000 to put in a
beautiful huge bay type window in a blank south facing living room wall. It
not only brightened a gloomy dark room but created a haven for their
tropical plants. Would this be an option for you?