Old 14-09-2007, 08:45 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Manelli Family[_3_] Manelli Family[_3_] is offline

Default Reality Check on an Orchid Light Solution?....

wrote in message
oups.com...
Wouldn't work for me, I'm afraid. My present situation is sort of
nice-we have a huge kitchen stuffed with orchids. My only problem is
supplying enough light in addition to the natural light already
there. That's why I'm thinking that the stand I described and a 4
bulb reflector would solve the problem beautifully. When necessary, I
could simply lift off the reflector and put the frame in our
basement. When the party's over, everything goes back in record
time. It's also within my budget of circa $350 or so. It also solves
my other problem-no manual ability to put anything together
whatsoever! My only question is how to identify makers of quality
fluorescent fixtures for this purpose...People seem to like FarmTek
and SunLight.....

Good luck with whatever light set-up you choose. We have both a large south
and west facing sun room and two greenhouses so light isn't a problem for
us.