Old 14-09-2007, 03:48 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
[email protected] helene@urbed.coop is offline

Default Holes in the lawn

On 14 Sep, 15:05, K wrote:
You must have very big gaps in your floorboards.

Yep. Over 100 years old floorboards - in some places I can see the
light of the cellar.

Pulling on a slow worm is a bad idea since, like other lizards, one of
its defence mechanisms is to shed its tail.

Hence the 'orrible stuff. Mind, it happened only a few times. But I
deal on a daily basis with ordinary worms ...

Are you sure you mean slow worms?

I'm worried now. What do you mean if I'm sure. I don't think it was an
anaconda if that's what you mean LOL!! And it's not 'all the time'
that Lilly brings me the slow worms, only sometimes - my fight is with
ordinary worms too and anything long, wire like she brings in, even
used cotton buds, and sadly sometimes they're not ours .... Disgusting
lil' cat she is!