Old 14-09-2007, 06:43 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
®óñ© © ²°¹°-°³ ®óñ©  ©  ²°¹°-°³ is offline

Default moss

On Fri, 14 Sep 2007 13:58:23 +0100, "STEPHEN"
wrote and included this (or some of this):

"Stephen Stewart" wrote in message

In message , STEPHEN
writes
thank you
"Jeremy Watts" wrote in message

"STEPHEN" wrote in message
I have moss in my garden, Is there a moss machine to remove the moss,
because the person is disabled and can't use an ordinary rake because
it
takes great effort, and if there is are they any good

i think they are called 'scarifiers'... spelling may be off there, but
they are electric things that get the moss out of lawns. you'd still
have
to pick it up though

Like lawn-mowers, some scarifiers come with attachments which collect the
material removed.

--
Stewart Robert Hinsley

Yeah the only problem is the quantity of the stuff.

I end up having to empty the bin every few feet when I do mine.

Otherwise they're very easy to use and a lot of them are self propelled
which would be good for the OP.

but do they get rid of the moss is the important thing, or would I have to rake it a few times

You do need to treat the moss first to kill it, leave it for a couple
of weeks to die off and then rake it out.

It you don't kill it first, you may rake most of it out but spread it
thoroughly at the same time!

--
®óñ© © ²°¹°-°³