Old 15-09-2007, 05:40 PM posted to triangle.gardens
[email protected] samadams_2006@yahoo.ca is offline

Default Vegetables to grow in Raleigh all year round.

Hello,

I'm interested in learning if there is a version of lettuce or
"similar" vegetable that I can grow on my patio garden all year round
and not have to worry about the cold. I live in the Raleigh, NC
area. What handles the weather the best here? Do I need to get a
greenhouse to cover the plants on the patio during the winter months?
Can I get by without an additional light source (than the sun), or a
heater (other than the sun)?

Thanks
Sam