Old 16-09-2007, 12:03 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Steveo Steveo is offline

Default Grub alert

wrote:
On Sep 14, 7:19 am, Steveo wrote:
wrote:

Speaking of grubs, I have some damage in a few sections here in NJ,
which is unusual, never had a problem till now. What do folks
recommend as the most effective treatment right now?

Dylox watered in immediately.

Thanks Steveo. Got a bag of it and put it down just before rain last
night. We got about a 1/4". Do you think that is enough? I was
thinking 1/2 - 3/4 would be ideal. Funny thing, on every one of
these type products, all they say is to water it in. You would think
they would give some idea of what that means. It obviously depends
on multiple factors, one of which is how easily the stuff disolves,
which of course I don't know. In my case, area of most concern, there
is minimal thatch, so less water should be needed from that
standpoint.

The obvious objective is to wind up with as much insecticide in the
soil area where the insects are. But whether that equates to 1/4" or
1" is the question.

Hi Trader, you're welcome.

1/4 to 1/2 inch is what I go by, dylox is a quick killer if irrigated.

Good luck with it..grubs are coming on strong now here in N Ohio.