Old 16-09-2007, 04:37 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
DS DS is offline

Default Humberto

"Jim" wrote in message
xPosTech wrote:

snip-

that's right and when sharpening blades one needs to take
care the take the temper out of the metal.
http://personalpages.bellsouth.net/t...-workshop.html

God bless U2 Ted,
Jim

Nice presentation on blade sharpening.

I bought a 6" bench grinder earlier this spring to sharpen my lawn mower
blade.
It was fairly easy on the first side, as in your illustration, ie right side
of the grinder.
(although I hadn't worked out a good solution to hold the angle as you have)
My grinder came with a wire brush on the left side.
When I went to sharpen the other side of the blade I...
I...
well I got confused as to how to go about it upside down.

Your grinder appears to have a finer wheel on the left side.
How do you handle sharpening the other side of the blade?