Old 16-09-2007, 05:23 PM posted to triangle.gardens
ncstockguy ncstockguy is offline

Default Vegetables to grow in Raleigh all year round.

We've had good luck growing spinach through the winter here, but the
success depends on how severe the winter is.

On Sep 15, 12:40 pm, wrote:
Hello,

I'm interested in learning if there is a version of lettuce or
"similar" vegetable that I can grow on my patio garden all year round
and not have to worry about the cold. I live in the Raleigh, NC
area. What handles the weather the best here? Do I need to get a
greenhouse to cover the plants on the patio during the winter months?
Can I get by without an additional light source (than the sun), or a
heater (other than the sun)?

Thanks
Sam