Old 16-09-2007, 09:54 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
~ jan[_3_] ~ jan[_3_] is offline

Default fall~is~here!

On Sun, 16 Sep 2007 10:28:58 CST, "Bill Stock" wrote:

Yeah getting nice here too. I think it will only be 96 today. no more
100+ temps

Chris

I gather you're somewhere in the South West? How do the fish survive with
such warm weather, is the pond in the shade?

Yes, my memory isn't the best, when giving weather/environmental conditions
one needs to remind us where one is reporting from. ;-)

Here in South Central WA, same place as kathy, the weather is finally NICE!
The maple we girdled two summers ago has just about lost all it's leaves.
My DH got off easy, since most got mowed, or fell in the pond area (on the
net) where I had to clean them up. Any in the flowerbeds will become mulch
or wait till spring for clean up.

Currently fall chores are not upon me yet, but soon enough I'll be moving
plants inside and such, but not till next month. So I'm just maintaining.

I did do a major harvest of my mini Roma tomatoes today. Must have taken 10
lbs off one plant.... thankfully only have one plant! I am moving some
hardy pond plants, I had in decorative holeless pots on the patio, to the
lily pond to winter over. ~ jan
Zone 7a, SE Washington State
Ponds: www.jjspond.us