Old 16-09-2007, 11:36 PM posted to rec.gardens
William Wagner[_2_] William Wagner[_2_] is offline

Default Black Walnut Seeds

In article ,
Ann wrote:

Sheldon expounded:

"D. Staples" wrote:

Stratification helps,

I believe the word you want is 'scarification'.

No, it's stratification. That means to subject a seed to a cold
period before it germinates. If you weren't so busy trying to prove
people wrong you'd know this.

I'd just plant a few in the ground in a straight line. Transplant if
any come up. Tell the folks on the property that these trees offer
valuable woods in time and that once folks used the seed for a tasty
brittle. Which is still worth seeking out.

Forget peanut brittle go Black Walnut if we must jeopardize our old
fillings. I do!

Bill

Don't tell anybody about this place. He was a lab tech who made custom
bikes and ended up in candy. An annual pilgrimage twice a year for us.

http://www.merchantcircle.com/busine...porated.856-46
7-1661

--

S Jersey USA Zone 5 Shade