Old 17-09-2007, 12:23 AM posted to rec.gardens
FragileWarrior FragileWarrior is offline

Default Black Walnut Seeds

Al wrote in news:TzfHi.2128$603.952@trndny02:

I have a Black Walnut Tree that is growing wild in my yard. The tree
has seed/nut on it. I would like to use the nuts to grow other Black
Walnut trees on my property. How do I do this?

Al

Be aware that Black Walnut is not condusive to other plants grown near it.
That means no vegetable garden and most flowering plants. If you want
Black Walnut, fine, but don't expect anything else to grow around it. Look
up: juglone or
http://ohioline.osu.edu/hyg-fact/1000/1148.html