Old 17-09-2007, 03:05 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Jim Jim is offline

Default Areator

Tracy Viles wrote:

Kansas lawn and zero turn toro. Should I buy a pull behind areator or is
this a waste of money? If one areates enough does it have any smoothing
effect? Lawn is 9/10th's of a acre. Looking at the Home Depot Brinly 40 inch
pull behind.
Thanks, Tracy

when you are pulling your pull behind aerator with
your zero turn toro and you do your first zero turn
on your toro while pulling your new Home Depot Brinly
40 inch aerator, please have someone take pictures of
that and post them on the web. I'm sure doing so will
top the current pine stick story.

thank you.

a star tooth style aerator is the one you can gain the
most benefit from. use it anytime you fell like playing
with it with one exception and that being after first
frost. most turf types do not benefit from having their
roots exposed to extremely cold air. while you are at
the Home Depot look for their large retaining wall block.
they weight 52 pounds each and make great dead weight in
the load tray for forcing the star teeth into the ground.
four of them should do the trick.