Old 16-09-2007, 10:29 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Reel McKoi[_14_] Reel McKoi[_14_] is offline

Default fall~is~here!

"George" wrote in message
.. .
The same thing is happening here in Louisville. I have a water maple in
my front yard that partially overhangs my house. With about 118 days over
90 degrees this summer, about 20 days of that over 100, the heat rising
off the roof combined with the drought conditions we experienced
apparently cooked the side of the tree closest to the house. All of the
leaves on that side of the tree have been falling of for the last five
days. I'm debating how bad the damage is, because it may have to come
down. The oak tree in the back yard appears to be fine.

We've had the same thing here in Middle TN. Months of drought and 100+ heat
have killed many trees on our property. They turned brown in mid August and
the leaves started to drop. We've also lost many shrubs. There was too much
to water so we had to let them go.
--
RM....
Frugal ponding since 1995.