Old 16-09-2007, 10:28 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
chatnoir chatnoir is offline

Default fall~is~here!

On Sep 15, 1:07 pm, k wrote:
Our temperatures are finally cooling off in the
day from high 80s to mid 70s promised this
week.

So what fall pond work have you got planned,
or should be planning, or are actively avoiding?

DH has scouting stuff this weekend and next
then he is at the mercy of the Honey~Do list.

Remove much of the raccoon damage to the iris.
Remove rocks that are in the little frog bog that
were attempting to block the fish from entering
that didn't work.

k :-)http://tinyurl.com/6bguh~ new pond keeper infohttp://tinyurl.com/yp64db~ slide show of pond

Well, all the real activity in my pond, algae I guess, ended around
the Middle of August! No more constant changing if clogged filters!
So, I can concentrate on Raising the level of the pond on the North
and East Side! The clam bed I have have has all the gravel thrown out
again! I will have to fill it again! Not sure who or what is
throwing out all the gravel in the bed all the time!

Will decide whether to bring the Hibiscus moscheutos

http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/982/

In this year or just take it out of the pond and mulch it and let it
winter as I did last year! Repair the Bird netting and the fence!
Take out the Milk crate shelves and clean out under them! They must
be at an angle or just collect gunk! Order some more fat-head minnows
for mosquito control! I could be wrong and maybe the Bull frog did
decimate them! But that large bullet shaped fish that partols the
bottom is my best bet! I wonder who planted that fish there and what
it is! Some kind of a joke by one of my friends I guess!