Old 17-09-2007, 02:53 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Jim Jim is offline

Default Areator

Tracy Viles wrote:

Yes I know that turning sharply would get me in a bind, I posted that to see
if someone would say something like I would tear up the hydrostats on a zero
turn merely by pulling anything of weight. Whoever posted the link with the
better core types thanks but I can't afford that. Yes I agee with you but
just can't. So has anyone seen lawn improvement after areration? Thanks,
Tracy Spring Hill, KS

well darn, I guess that means no pictures and we're stuck
with the stupid pine stick story for the time being.

as a general rule you can pull more with the belt drive
systems than you can with the hydrostatic.

yes, a good lawn improvement after incorporating the star
tooth with about 200 pounds of load weight can be obtained.
the main and most profitable while the greater economical
benefit is going to be oxygenation of the roots.

with most turf types when the roots are cut by the star
tooth new sprouts are produced creating a thicker lawn.

lawn aeration is always a good and beneficial practice
to incorporate into the maintenance program. be sure
and suspend the practice immediately after first frost.

as for aeration types, don't assume how the more
aggressive method is always the best. sometimes,
it's the gentle touch producing the most desirable
long term results.