Old 18-09-2007, 02:52 PM posted to rec.gardens
Cheryl Isaak Cheryl Isaak is offline

Default As some of us put the gardens to bed

On 9/18/07 8:31 AM, in article ,
" wrote:

On Tue, 18 Sep 2007 07:50:38 -0400, Cheryl Isaak
wrote:

What is your favorite garden memory of the season?

Mine has to be discovering that an expensive daylily that I thought had died
was alive and blooming this year.

Back to weeding and other fall clean up

My favorite thing is that I was able to not water. I have not watered
the lawn one time. All the native plants are thriving and it's a
great feeling to let go of plants which didn't make it. Making this
decision has taken a lot of angst out of my gardening life!

I rarely water my gardens other than containers or veggies (when I grow
them). Makes life so much easier. I do water new items for a month or so,
but I use the water from my dehumidifier.

Cheryl