Old 18-09-2007, 12:50 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Amethyst Deceiver Amethyst Deceiver is offline

Default OT. Help filter the crap

David (Normandy) wrote:
"Martin" wrote in message
On Tue, 18 Sep 2007 10:56:59 +0200, "David \(Normandy\)"
wrote:

Because they are children (or childlike) and they think, like a
lot of childish people, that swearing and trying to shock and
annoy others makes
them look grown up. Whereas we grownups just see them for what
they are, silly children.
--
Regards
Bob

They will probably grow out of it by the time they reach their
teens, unfortunately they are likely be replaced by an endless
succession of similar kids posting inane ramblings.

I think they're teens. I suspect the sudden increase in trolling has
something to do with universities being back.

One of the nastiest trolls on UK Usenet was 72, when he died.
--

Martin

Alzheimer's? I would normally associate the sort of banter that goes
on between these trolls with kids. Each trying to sound "cool" to
their peers. Most grow out of it, or their level of communication
becomes more sophisticated.

No, not Alzheimer's. If it's the chap I'm thinking of, he was purely a nasty
piece of work.