Old 18-09-2007, 03:32 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

Default Areator

On Sep 17, 8:34 pm, Jim wrote:
wrote:
Jim wrote:
Tracy Viles wrote:

[....]
has anyone seen lawn improvement after areration?

[....]

as for aeration types,

[....]

First, you can rent a core aerator for around $50.00 for 3 hours and you
really only need to do it once a year. If you get a neighbor or 2 to go
in on it with you, it'll, of course, cost you much less and you should
be able to actually profit.
Second, the star aerator does slice the roots and kind of encourages new
growth but it does nothing for the compaction of the soil, and actually
causes more lateral compaction, so the new roots have nowhere to go.

the OP had an open question and a hidden question. I have given a
direct response to the OP while you and the others in this thread
have not.

now I have several direct questions for you. how many different
turf types do you manage? how many different soil types do you
encounter? how many satisfied customers do you have currently
under contract within your lawn care business?

please further explain your conceptual meaning behind your
expression of "be able to actually profit" when sharing rental
expenses with your neighbors.- Hide quoted text -

Wow, did you get up on the wrong side of the bed today or what?