Old 18-09-2007, 08:34 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
ValveJob ValveJob is offline

Default Yard-Man Belt for self-propelled mower

On Fri, 14 Sep 2007 18:44:40 -0400, Art

Art wrote:
Bob wrote:
snip

If I bought a new mower and the belt broke after 3 hours use and it
vibrated badly, I would be either taking it back to the store or
taking it in for warrany repait.
Bob-tx

The op said -
Ordered it from Amazon com and it was delivered by ups

Does that mean no warranty?

It means he can't "take it back to the store". It means that finding a
warranty center and/or shipping it somewhere may be more trouble than
fixing it himself.

Very good Art. You are right. Too much trouble.

I replaced the belt and it is ok for now. I suppose if I made an
attempt, that Amazon would hook me up with some guy in Houston that
would handle the warranty. But that's a lot of trouble and I actually
like to fiddle with stuff like that. Just like my HDTV I ordered
online, the sale notice said they do NOT accept returns.

However, I have window air conditioner that I paid nearly $250 for
that is noisy and had been damaged and repaired when I received it
from J&R company. I paid extra to get the 'ultra quiet' and they
sent me the 'ultra noisy' one. *******s!.
Again, the trouble you have to go thru to return or get an item fixed
sucks. That's why I try to buy locally even if I have to pay sales
tax and sometimes 10 % more.

The break was jagged and the belt number has changed since the manual
was written. I think they went to a heavier duty belt.

Now to find a source for wheels before they change the design....

..