Old 18-09-2007, 08:14 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Reel McKoi[_14_] Reel McKoi[_14_] is offline

Default Filter recommendation on 5000 gallon pond

"Chip" wrote in message ...
Ques 4: These articles don't address what a "settlement tank" is. My
original question.

My settling tank is a converted heavy duty rubber cattle trough that pond
water slowly circulates through and then returns to the pond... it's also a
plant filter since I have it loaded with pond plants. I flush it out several
times over the summer as it has a bottom drain. The muck runs over the
lawn - good fertalizer. :-)
--

RM....
Frugal ponding since 1995.