Old 19-09-2007, 01:01 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
[email protected] do_see@do.com is offline

Default Areator

Eggs Zachtly wrote:
said:

[...]

Another point, the only time I know that slicing the lawn is beneficial,
is when slice seeding.

"Creeping" grasses benefit, quite a lot actually, from vertical slicing.

[rest snipped]

I should add that I'm not familiar with Centipede or any of the warm
season grasses. I've heard that some grasses actually benefit by being
scalped to the ground in the spring too. I am in the upper midwest I
might add. Zone 5.
So, I guess that maybe the original poster, if he has the right turf,
may be on the right track after all.