Old 19-09-2007, 02:52 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
xPosTech[_2_] xPosTech[_2_] is offline

Default Sowing a new lawn in UK - concern = LEAVES?

On 9/18/2007 3:14 PM, Bosseye wrote:
Hi,
My need to sow this year is simply the age of my children - they'll
need somewhere to play! And also, there's no time like the present...

As for seed mix, I'm expecting to go for the following mix:

20% SAUVIGNON perennial ryegrass
35% MARGARITA perennial ryegrass
20% HERALD strong creeping red fescue
10% DARWIN chewings fescue
10% REGGAE slender creeping red fescue
5% HIGHLAND browntop bent

As for the leaf blower, I actually have a Stihl one which has proved
excellent around the yard, and can recommend the brand as I have their
chainsaws, brush cutters, hedge-trimmers etc already.

My concern is walking upon the new seedlings - but I guess over 2000 sq
metres needs must.

br/David

Ah ha. I was wonderin'. I thought from your original post:

Have just perfected 2000 sq m of soil ready for sowing quality lawn
seed.

that you were talkin' square miles. Figured you were re-seedin' a front
yard down here in Texas. Now I notice the UK in your header. You gotta
mix that many grasses to get it to grow over there? That's what they
mean when they talk about co-dependency? Only one of those grasses we
might have down here is that margarita, but here it's not made with rye.

Good luck with your sowin' and let us know how it turns out.

God Bless
--
Ted
I wasn't born in Texas but

When the winds of change blow hard enough, the most
trivial of things can become deadly projectiles.