Old 18-09-2007, 11:16 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
MLF MLF is offline

Default fall~is~here!

"Bill Stock" wrote
Nice looking place (Google Earth), but I'm in Southern Ontario.

It got down to 41° that night.

Brrrrrr!

It must be difficult to maintain a pond in that climate. By the time you get
it ready for summer, it's time to button it up for the long winter.

BTW: When it gets down to 41 degF here we call it winter. In fact, we call
it arctic. It does snow here occassionally, about every 10 years or so. The
last time was on Christmas 2004. Of course is was a dusting and it was 60
degF by noon, but still it was interesting.

The largest weather problem with ponds here is rain and sun. The rain can
come down frantically every summer afternoon and overlow your pond quickly.
And many fish and plants can't take the summer sun.

Michael
New Orleans, Louisiana USA