Old 19-09-2007, 08:56 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Davy Davy is offline

Default Raising Plants from Seed - sow now or Spring or greenhouse?

During the 'Summer' I collected many wildflower seeds and want to sow them
to raise hardy perennial wildflower plants for my garden.

I could either sow in trays:

- outdoors in the autumn and plant out in the Spring. But friends have
found that for some reason the plants disappear over the winter
- sow outdoors in the Spring. Plants get away well but are not big enough
for planting out and surviving amongst grass etc until the next Spring
- sow in autumn and keep in a greenhouse through the winter and plant out in
spring

It is this last option that I would appreciate advice on. Is it likely to be
successful?

thanks

Davy