Old 19-09-2007, 05:44 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
~ jan[_3_] ~ jan[_3_] is offline

Default Irrigation vs rainfall

On Tue, 18 Sep 2007 12:39:25 CST, k wrote:

No, general irrigation.

Hmmmm. Random thoughts.
There are sooo many issues involved with
irrigation in our area. Goes way beyond keeping a few
plants alive. Our area of 100,000 people is in an area
of 7.5 inches of rainfall a year. We need irrigation.
People are making changes in landscaping, with the
current low water landscaping trend, but there
are some things that we need. Imagine 650 elementary
kids turned out for recess on dry, sandy sagebrush.
I don't think my asthmatic children would have survived.

I know Kathy, let's all move to where Derek lives! ;-) ~ jan
Zone 7a, SE Washington State
Ponds: www.jjspond.us