Old 19-09-2007, 08:45 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
~ jan[_3_] ~ jan[_3_] is offline

Default Irrigation vs rainfall

On Tue, 18 Sep 2007 21:19:49 CST, k wrote:

why did it build dams in the first place?

I wish to clarify, kathy & I do not live in Colorado, we live in Washington
State, where the Columbia, Yakima & Snake Rivers meet. I personally have no
personal knowledge, nor do my comments refer to the Colorado river and its
situation.

I do use water "wisely" when you pay for every drop, you tend to do that.
But I'm more likely to use water miser appliances and toilets, take shorter
showers, wash the car at a recycling car wash, than let my landscape die. I
also use a lot of drip irrigation.... but that's me. Oh, and I drive a
Prius when not riding my high horse. lol! ~ jan
Zone 7a, SE Washington State
Ponds: www.jjspond.us