Old 19-09-2007, 03:15 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Derek Broughton Derek Broughton is offline

Default Irrigation vs rainfall

~ jan wrote:

On Tue, 18 Sep 2007 11:23:08 CST, Derek Broughton
wrote:

established). Except, of course, for the ponds... We all make
concessions to our principles :-)

Yes, we do. And people shouldn't jump to conclusions or assumptions over a
simple curiosity question.

Huh? You asked if water rates were really high, and I made a political
statement that I feel they should be higher. afaik, having helped write
the charter, politics isn't excluded.

Nor climb upon a high horse else they fall off.

Talk about holier than thou.

I personally, would water a tree next to my house in a drought area unless
there were restrictions against it. ~ jan

And I personally wouldn't have planted a japanese maple. I _don't_ know how
suitable a japanese maple would have been in the region that triggered my
response, but it sure isn't a native plant.
--
derek